RANDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT LIFE AND TRAINING OF A SENIOR RKC

www.classicironkettlebells.com

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Feels like home.

Yesterday was a day I will remember for a long time. I headed south towards Temecula CA to visit the Burleson clan which is now 6 strong!!!! JEB and Heather have been good friends of mine for years and there now four kids have become a great source of unbridled terror ( like kids only can). It is always an adventure with them and what a blast. It reminds me to not take things so seriously and enjoy the day.

So JEB and I set up the HUGE trampoline that Santa brought and didn't realize the size of such a beast. The kids on the other hand were very happy with the whole thing. After that we did one of my favorite things in the world. We loaded up motorcycles and headed out to the local motocross track so the kids could ride. There are four little Burlesons Bird (10), K (7), GG (4) and Kai ( 6 months?). We took the three older ones and yes the four year old rides his own bike.

The track makes me feel at home no matter where I'm at in the world. I was raised going to races of all kinds, cars, bikes , trucks anything with a motor and wheels we were there. No main stream stuff for the Nepodals just dirt and noise. Anyway we hit the track which was muddy and wet!! All three suited up and off they went. GG made it 1/4 of a lap and the mud proved to be to much and flopped off face first into a mud hole. This made him cry, not because he was hurt but he couldn't see a damn thing. His goggles were covered!!! The rest of the day went smooth. Then we loaded up drove home cleaned up and headed out for some Mexican food and called it a day. Thanks to the clan it was fun as always.

Its funny that the track makes me feel at home, but I have spent so much of my life at one it makes sense. Its the smell, the people, the dirt and the noise. To this day my Mom could sleep all day next to a track, just as long a family member or friend isn't racing. I will never lose the desire to ride and get dirty. Thanks to my Mom and Dad for that, that is what being a Nepodal and Burleson is all about!

No comments: