RANDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT LIFE AND TRAINING OF A SENIOR RKC

www.classicironkettlebells.com

Sunday, May 17, 2009

A new week

I have been getting back int the groove this last week after many weeks of double kettlebell work I have gone back to singles. My groove for snatches was a little off to me. Those that watched me do the five minute snatch test thought they all looked good, I thought they felt different.

I have been switching between ballistics and grinds every other day. I have always found that this keeps me fresh everyday and that I need little down time between workouts. Last week went like this

Monday, 24kg 5 minute snatch test 100 reps in 3 minutes 43 seconds
Tuesday, 40kg 5 minutes of Get ups
Wednesday, swing, high pull, snatch ladder 24kg. 1 swing, 1 HP, 1 snatch then 2 swings, 2 HP, 2 snatches up to 5 reps each the went back 5 to 1
Thursday, 32kg Military press 6 sets of 5 R/L set 7 was 10 reps R/L
Saturday 15 minutes of H2H juggling 16kg

No comments: