RANDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT LIFE AND TRAINING OF A SENIOR RKC

www.classicironkettlebells.com

Monday, June 25, 2007

I'm Back

I am never surprised with the amount of information that is given during a Dragon Door event. Every time I attend a certification I learn something new, level II was no exception. All of the presenters were fantastic. Rif and that damn foam roller. WOW THAT IS SOME PAIN! I can only imagine the pain that he had to endure to regain the function that he has, amazing. Kenneth Jay ( Uber Human), put us through a great snatch workout, to show us what real cardio is all about. HINT, there was no running or bikes involved. He and Tommy were fun to hang out and eat dinner with on Saturday. Brett Jones presentation was on Functional Movement Screening. It was amazing and very humbling. I will be doing more of that in the very near future. Then there was Will Williams. I shared a room with Will and had a blast what a great person. We talked life, training and of course RKC. It is amazing how a little pain brings people closer together. Last but not least Pavel. I have said it before and will say it again. He has been one of the most influential people in my adult life and I thank him for that.

Thanks to Kenneth and Tommy for the invite to Denmark next year to be a Team Leader. I can't wait.

4 comments:

Iron Tamer said...

Sounds like a hardstyle kinda weekend!

Franz Snideman said...

Rock on Doug! Sounds like it absolutely kicked butt!

Mark Reifkind said...

man it was so good to have you there; as always your postive attitude and great abilities always brings good stuff to the certs. AND I am JAZZED you and Sgt Rock Will will be with me in Denmark. A good time will be had by all, including the victims!
oh yeah I'm glad you enjoyed the roller!

Brett Jones said...

Doug,
Great seeing you and glad you enjoyed the FMS presentation.