RANDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT LIFE AND TRAINING OF A SENIOR RKC

www.classicironkettlebells.com

Friday, October 24, 2008

Finally they are getting it.

I had a good conversation with three of the trainers from Maverick's gym, one of which is part owner. They are really starting to understand that I know what I'm talking about. They are getting that kettlebell exercises are much more than they appear. Ego in personal training has always been an issue. What most trainers don't understand is that it is OK to say you don't know how to do something. Instead most of them think they can just watch somebody do something and then teach it, WRONG! Pavel talks about this at every RKC I have been to and with good reason. A client will respect you more as a professional if you are willing to not go outside of your expertise. Saying you don't know but will find out is much better than guessing and getting it wrong. So man up and admit that you don't know all there is to know about exercise. Once you do this it will open your eyes and you will learn much more and become a better trainer.

On another note I had a meeting with Fabio Leopoldo last night. He has seen me training with kettlebells and wants to start training twice a week with me. SWEET! Jiu Jitsu really appeals to me, from grade school through 10th grade I wrestled and loved it. I think we are going to trade services. I sat and watched his class last night and there was a really good vibe. He is an MMA fighter but his classes a really laid back and they are all about the technique and not trying to break an arm.

1 comment:

Franz Snideman said...

Doug,

Glad they are finally getting it!

Keep spreading the KB virus!

Hope you, your wife, and the dogs are well!

Best,

Franz, Yoana, Marianna