RANDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT LIFE AND TRAINING OF A SENIOR RKC

www.classicironkettlebells.com

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Are you kidding me!


I know that I shouldn't be shocked at this point but things never cease to amaze me. I was at the store yesterday and picked up a bodybuilding magazine to see if there are any new programs that are going to change the world. JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!

I did read a section were a reader wanted to know how he could makes his back and lats thicker. Out of the 12 exercises there was only one that was worth doing, deadlifts. The biggest shocker of all no pull ups anywhere in the whole magazine. I'm a recovering bodybuilder(life long process) and I now have better development than I ever did. All of it without a single lat pulldown or seated row. How is that possible? Pull ups, snatches, swings and military presses(done the right way). So if you are looking to build a well developed back you are in the right place, keep reading RKC blogs and swing, snatch and pull ups. If you think you need a lat machine I will buy your kettlebells from you right now, just email me!!!!!

2 comments:

MKSchinabeck said...

Right on Doug! I can't agree more. I just built my own lat machine (AKA pullup bar out of threaded steal) and attached it to my kids' swingset. Now I can GTG while playing catch with the boys!!! My only problem now......my work clothes are no longer fitting.....too tight in the back and shoulders and too loose in the waist!
Matt

Doug Nepodal Sr. RKC said...

Matt, that is a good problem to have!

You getting ready for the Sept.?