RANDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT LIFE AND TRAINING OF A SENIOR RKC

www.classicironkettlebells.com

Friday, May 16, 2008

The difference in kettlebells


There has been some discussion on the difference in kettlebells so I took a picture of three of my bells to show people who may not know the difference. From left to right Dragon Door 24kg 2002, Dragon Door 32kg 2008 and Russian 36 kg year? The finish on each is very different. The Russian and the 2002 DD are the closest to each other. The 2002 is still my favorite ones and the ones I grab first when it's time to train. Now there is nothing wrong with the 2008 bell you just need to do 10 minutes of sanding and you will be all set.

Training today was good. I fell asleep on the couch last night which screwed my lower back up something awful. So I started the day with a bunch of joint mobility to loosen things up. Then went to Hardcore 360 and did pull ups with 12kg for 5x1. After that Jen and I climbed in the car drove two blocks and hit the beach. Where I did military press ladders. I kept the reps the same and increased the weight each set.

24kg 3/3
32kg 3/3
36kg 3/3

and repeat 5 times and call it a day.

2 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

lol, "drove two blocks to the beach" NOW you are an official Californian!

ps the new DD bells have a much better finish, imo than the 2007-2005 bells.

Court Wing said...

Yep, I like the feel of my first 1 pood that I got back in '02 best, though I don't mind the newest "slick" ones. However, I recently "inherited" a few bells that came from a DD production line that came out sometime in between, maybe '04-'05 and the handles aren't good; could be just a few bad apples that happen to weigh 53 and 70 pounds.