RANDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT LIFE AND TRAINING OF A SENIOR RKC

www.classicironkettlebells.com

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Sunday grub

So here is the first meal that I'm going to post. Coffee crusted steak, yes coffee! Also grilled asparagus. It's a very simple recipe

Steak of choice, this one is a 2 pound London Broil
bunch of asparagus
hot grill

Coffee crust:
1/4 cup ground coffee
2 tablespoons of Montreal Steak seasoning
mix them together.

Preheat grill
coat steak with olive oil, this helps the crust form
cover steak with coffee mixture
cook to desired temp
sit back and enjoy!!!

The coffee give you a smokey flavor that surprisingly is not bitter. I have had people ask if there is chocolate on the steak. No but that might be a future post. Sometimes I won't tell people what the crust is made out of very few people guess. Have fun with this one.

7 comments:

fawn said...

Yum... I love grilled asparagus!

Franz Snideman said...

Looks great! Although I'm not sure about the coffee part of it :)

Royce said...

Hey I love espresso stout, most people look at me weird when i say that, so maybe I'll just try this one.

Mark Reifkind said...

man that'll keep ya up after dinner,lol. looks great though.

Aaron Friday said...

That steak looks pretty inviting. Good job with that, with or without coffee.

Doug Nepodal Sr. RKC said...

The first time I tried it I was really unsure, but that stuff rocks! Most people don't even know that it's coffee until they are told.

Jim Ryan said...

Nice lookin' steak, Doug.
I just tried the coffee rub for the first time myself last week.

Actually, I wasn't that fond of it. Always willing to try somehting new, I find Salt, pepper & Garlic works great for me, medium rare.