RANDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT LIFE AND TRAINING OF A SENIOR RKC

www.classicironkettlebells.com

Monday, July 30, 2007

Deep Thoughts by DN

I went for a 150 mile motorcycle ride yesterday. The thing that is great about the bike is that it takes you out of the world, no cells or radio. This lets the mind work through everything under the sun.

I was riding along getting looks from people in cars and it made me think about peoples comfort levels. I am at home on any motorized vehicle. Contrary to popular belief I don't have a death wish. I'm not going to live my life in a bubble, I could die sitting on the couch. When it's your time it's your time! Then my mind got stuck on the comfort thing. If you are comfortable in your life are you dead? I have been thinking about moving to California due to some prodding from the Evil Russian. Which has put my mind ass over tin can. Do I stay comfortable or do I push it? What do we say in the RKC, if your bored it's not heavy enough. Heavy, how about moving your whole life cross country! Life is a challenge, are you bored or just comfortable?


I did come up with a sweet shirt idea yesterday I will post it as soon as it's done.

7 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

I agree with you Doug! If you are too comfortable you are dead! That would be great to have you out in So-cal.

Where would you move, LA? San Diego is nice to. Let me know if there anything I can do to help you make this happen!

Blessings!

fawn said...

Just wear a helmet, jacket, gloves and boots on the M-cycle, and you are about as safe as in the womb... I'm living proof!

Doug, California or Ohio... it's not a trick question!

Doug Nepodal Sr. RKC said...

Franz,
Jen and I are coming out near the end of Oct. I will let you know when.

Doug Nepodal Sr. RKC said...

Fawn, I always ride with all my gear. I crashed a sportbike three summers ago. If I wouldn't of had my helmet on I would be dead. Instead I walked away.

Franz Snideman said...

Great. Keep us posted!

Unknown said...

Not bored or comfortable. Just restless!

Geoff Neupert said...

Great insights, Doug.

Interestingly enough, I too have been receiving the same the same prodding...