RANDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT LIFE AND TRAINING OF A SENIOR RKC

www.classicironkettlebells.com

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Observations

I have really been paying attention to the way people move since I've been back from the CK-FMS. Not that I didn't look before but I'm much more aware now.

A prime example has been to Olympics. The movements are so fantastic that when one is off just a bit you can see it almost immediately. It has been pretty cool to watch and wonder what they would score on the screen.

Everything from swimming(of course), marathons, weight lifting, gymnastics and of course ribbon dancers(LOL). The one thing that keeps coming back to me is how healthy are these people. Phelps eats like a pig. Distance runners are so unhealthy it is amazing. Gymnasts look like they are healthy but then you look closer and they are taped up all over the place(Ask RIF). Weight lifters, well lets just say I watched the women's super heavy weight. There was one women, I think that's what she was, that weighed in at almost 400 pounds. The commentators said she was the heaviest athlete at the games!!! AND what is up with the kineso tape?? It is everywhere. Who needs to compensate when the tape can do if for you.

I do have to say that all of them are doing their thing and doing it well. We all make sacrifices for our passions, god knows I have, but at what price. I guess that it is just human nature to push and see what else we can do. Like I've said many times you can always grow more skin. Just try to keep those compensations to a minimum and all the world will be right again.

4 comments:

Joyful Heart said...

Aww ... I like to watch the pretty ribbons as they dance through the air. :)

And yes on the kineseo tape ... it seems to be the must have fashion accessory.

Doug Nepodal Sr. RKC said...

I think I'm gonna start wearing some just for the hell of it.

Joyful Heart said...

They do make it in pink ... would look good with the kilt.

Doug Nepodal Sr. RKC said...

Where is part three?