RANDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT LIFE AND TRAINING OF A SENIOR RKC

www.classicironkettlebells.com

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Things are getting strange


I almost can't help myself. Today i was walking down the sidewalk and there was a guy in front of me that was walking all kinds of crazy. I was so close to asking him what had happened to him but I didn't want to bother him. I mean he was just walking along minding his own business. I'm sure that's the last thing he wants to do is tell some stranger why he walks all crazy. So went about my way making up my own reasons why.

Training was good today.

Prep work, active straight leg raise, T-spine mobility and single leg dead lift
6 minutes of various swings 24kg
24kg overhead walks. My neighbors think I'm nuts
Walk the Bulldogs, People always ask how big my dogs are well here you go. This is Maximus. He is almost 5 years old and he weighs 140 pounds. To give you and idea of his size that is a 40kg kettlebell sitting next to him!!! YES HIS HEAD IS THAT BIG!!!!!

4 comments:

Joyful Heart said...

Ok ... I want to come visit just so I can meet the dogs!!! Maximus would think my dog was a squeaker toy. :)

Anonymous said...

Doug I'm getting bored, I wish I could come to Kettlebell class!

Laura Nepodal said...

Haha, that picture is better than I imagined -- The Bulldog next to the bulldog. Max looks quite pleased with himself. What a stud!

Michael Moon said...

Doug, maybe you should have approached him to ask "what's up with the walk" while you were doing your overhead walks? Perhaps his walking was just "off" that day because he was out of balance as he had run out of kineso tape??

It's good to see Maximus has adjusted well to the west coast life.

Drop me a line on my personal email, would you please? My computer went kapluey and I lost your address. Thanks!