RANDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT LIFE AND TRAINING OF A SENIOR RKC

www.classicironkettlebells.com

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Ropes

Who would have thought this would be so tough and fun. I had the chance to spend the day with John Brookfield and his Battling Ropes yesterday. He showed us some really cool velocity training. It was a humbling experience. John is really superhuman. On one of the basics exercises he was asked how long he could do these, his response "several hours"!! We were struggling just to make one minute. We did dozens of variations until lunch.

Then we went outside and started the strength endurance part of the course. Holly crap!!! I have never had my arms cramp so bad in my life. My forearms, shoulders, biceps, triceps, lats and abs were cooked. If you have the chance to work with John and his rope system do it. OR if you are in my area give me a call and I will put a thrashing on you.

These will be a part of my KB training on variety days for sure. I will post pics when I get them.

No comments: