RANDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT LIFE AND TRAINING OF A SENIOR RKC

www.classicironkettlebells.com

Monday, August 6, 2007

Slow your roll

I did something yesterday that I haven't done in a long time. NOTHING!!! It was raining and never stopped the whole day. So no motorcycle ride. BUMMER! so I just hung out and laid around. After I accepted the fact that I was doing nothing I actually relaxed. I felt great by the end of the day. Maybe I need to slow down once and a while??? WHY???

If you are reading this blog you understand how easy it is to keep pushing. Problem being, burn out or injury. So I did a very tough thing today I told myself that this wee would be an easy training week and that I needed to stick to it.
Day one of the easy week

32kg MP 5x5L,R easy
Cook hip lift
5 min of belly breathing

I know this is what I need now I need to stick to it.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Doug,
Good luck. I know it's tough not to do much. Don't know why it is, it shouldn't be. Hope you enjoy your week.

Brett Jones said...

Doug,
You absolutely need to "slow your roll" and days off or just a bit of mobility training are very necessary!
Great post

Mark Reifkind said...

ah this gets MUCH easier to accept as you get old(er). you're just more tired for no good reason.dont think of it as doing nothing, think of it as recovering more.

Franz Snideman said...

Relax - what a concept! I agree with you Doug! We just got back from Hawaii and we relaxed for a week.

Rif, I like your concept of recovery. Nice!

Doug Nepodal Sr. RKC said...

Brett,

Thanks, I have become much more aware of what my body needs. After training for 17 years things become much clearer!

Doug Nepodal Sr. RKC said...

Rif,
Yo are right the older I get the easier it does become. More recovery is always a good thing.

Doug Nepodal Sr. RKC said...

I think my trip to Cali is needed for sure. Just to get away.

Mark Reifkind said...

absolutely doug!