RANDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT LIFE AND TRAINING OF A SENIOR RKC

www.classicironkettlebells.com

Thursday, May 17, 2007

A new gym

I went and checked out a new gym in the area today. I have a buddy that has just started personal training and this is his first job, I wanted to show him my support. It's your typical gym tons of those things you run on, plate loaded stuff, dumbbells and stuff. We always workout together on Thursdays at my gym. But I wanted to check the place out. After the tour I figured out what we were going to do. It just so happened that I had a pair of 24kg KBs in my car. Coincidence?
So it went down like this.

One arm olympic bar military press
45# 1x5 L,R
65# 1x5 L,R
75# 1x3 L,R
85# 1x3 L,R

Double 24kg snatch 2x10
Double 24kg front squat 3x5
24kg bear crawl 2x60'
Get ups 24kg 2x3 L,R
Windmills 24kg 2x3 L,R


After it was all said and done the owner came ove to talk to me. I thought for sure that he was going to tell me not to bring the KBs back. Wrong, he offered me a training job. Not what I was expecting to hear. If I didn't have my own gig maybe.

7 comments:

Christine said...

That's gotta make a guy feel good!

Doug Nepodal Sr. RKC said...

Yeah, it was pretty cool

Royce said...

Very cool. Love the ink too!

Doug Nepodal Sr. RKC said...

Thanks Royce.

Geoff Neupert said...

Doug--why not hire your friend to teach KBs for you: you pay for him to go to the RKC and in return he signs a contract with you for a set price per class and you keep the rest? Or something along those lines.

Doug Nepodal Sr. RKC said...

I could but I'm not so sure of personal skills. I want to see how he does first. He is a good kid but it takes the right person to be a good trainer.

Mark Reifkind said...

doug, aint that the case. there are so many things that go into being a successful trainer besides understanding the movements eh? way tougher than it seems.