RANDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT LIFE AND TRAINING OF A SENIOR RKC

www.classicironkettlebells.com

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

What a difference a day makes.

My Monday session was rough but today I felt pretty good.

40kg MP 4x3 L,R
32kg windmill 3x3 L,R
Dragon flags 2x3
hanging knee raise 2x5

I felt that things need to be heavy today. I don't really know why I get these feelings they just bubble up to the surface. Simple workout good rest between sets. I felt great when I was done. I'm long past the days of having to feel beat to think that the session was good. Don't get me wrong, I still will smoke myself on a regular basis but not everyday. Mentally you cannot keep that kind of drive going for long periods of time. Your body will shut you down! There is a need to change levels of intensity and work done to keep moving forward.

3 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

getting in touch withone's animal instinct for load is critical yet impossible to teach.you obviouslyhave it and that is agood thing. gotta learnto listen to that inner voice if ones wants to make solid consistent progress.

doug,have yhou tried kenneth jays two kb presses(stacked)with onehand? way cool and I'd be interested to hear what youthink about the perceived exertion,sticking point,etc.

Doug Nepodal Sr. RKC said...

I guess after almost twenty years of weight training if I'm not in touch with my animal instincts then I should hang it up and learn how to knit.

I have palyed with it some but I have never given it a full on effort. I will give it a run on friday and see how it goes. I will let you know.

Franz Snideman said...

Totally agree! The longer you've been in this game and the more clients you train, you simply do not have the energy or focus to "hit it hard" all the time.