While I was driving this week I had plenty of time for deep thoughts. One of the thoughts that came across my mind was about doing the RKC snatch test. When I went to my cert, I remember being nervous as hell waiting my turn. I was more than ready I had done 50/50 before the cert so it should be no problem, so why was I so nervous? Well I watched two people before me drop the bell because they were putting the death grip on it. That got me going, DON"T DROP THE BELL!!!
Here is what I have seen during my assisting and Team Leading duties. There are many reasons that people fail the snatch test.
1. they haven't read the rules and think they can switch, put the bell down and rest whenever they want.
2. they over grip the bell and their grip fails
3. they stop using their hips, instead they pull the bell to the top with their arm and shoulder. The result, they fail because their shoulders give out .
The keys to the snatch test are the following
1. hips, the stronger the hip drive the easier the snatch.
2. rest at the top and breath
3. take your time
4. don't over grip the bell
5. just because you are breathing hard doesn't mean you are going to die, breath later
6. remember you only have one hand switch
7. once you pick the bell up you can't put it down until your done