RANDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT LIFE AND TRAINING OF A SENIOR RKC

www.classicironkettlebells.com

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

13 days and counting!

I leave for California in 13 days. WOW that caught up to me very quickly. It seemed as though we had all the time in the world, I guess not. I can't wait to get going. Everything has gone smooth for the most part.

Ran into one SMALL issue, the house we were to move into on Jan 21st is now not available until April 1. This has sent me scrambling like a mad man. I need to in Cali by the 26th to teach a KB workshop in Santa Barbara. So I'm driving out with all of our stuff and my wife is going to stay behind until the beginning of Feb. because that was the soonest we could get into a short term lease. All and all we have done tons of things in a very short amount of time. Jen and I have been trying to cover all the bases before we go with friends and family.

Leaving is going to be bittersweet, it is very hard for me to leave clients behind. 80% of my clients have been with me for 5 years or longer. All of the clients I have had in my 12 years of being a trainer have shaped into the trainer I am today. To be able to read people and know that today might be a day to just sit and have coffee and vent or a day that we need to be very aggressive and burn off the frustrations of the day. These are all skills that I have picked up along the way and will use from here on out. I thank all of you for letting you into your life and I hope that I have given something back in return. All of you will be missed. Remember I'm only a short flight away. Besides it give you a good reason to go to the beach.

No comments: